Antique Christmas postcards featuring cats...
So cute! This one is dated 1905.... Animals were popular. I have a few more, but the images are lost on the computer at the moment...and not much time at the moment for a good search :)
I made this recipe the other day and want to pass it long...
· 1/2 cup pecan halves
· 1 cup butter, softened
· 1/4 cup honey
· 1 to 2 tablespoons molasses
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spread pecans on a sheet pan, and bake 6 to 7 minutes or until toasted. Cool.
2. 2. Process pecans in a food processor until coarsely ground. Add butter and next 4 ingredients; pulse until blended. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
3. 3. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
This is something I make every year and have in the fridge for toast, scones or pancakes. Tasty, festive and easy!
I have given it as a gift in a pretty decorated jar too!
Have a lovely rest of your weekend, and hopefully I can have a Tuesday Cuppa Tea up for Tuesday.
My husband has just finished another go of antibiotics dealing with a post-op infection. Not all antibiotics work on the specific infection, or work well with Parkinson's Disease, so limited choices. And the one that works has bad nausea as a side effect. So he is in recovery mode now, and we are hoping the infection is finally gone!